Butterfly knife also is known as Balisong or fan knife is a folding knife that has a handle that can be rotated to open and close. Butterfly knife originally from Filipina. In the hands of an expert, butterfly knife can open and close with one hand, this technique is called flipping or fanning. This technique is usually performed for entertainment.
The butterfly knife is commonly used in moments of emergency, for example when only one hand can be used to hold a knife, so the hand should be able to open and close the knife well. The wearer must be really expert.
This knife is commonly used in Tagalog Philippines and is used for self-defense. But now the butterfly knife is also used as a razor because it is practical and easy to use.
This knife is the coolest when used for weapons. However, you should be able to use them properly. Because of the dark history of this knife is forbidden to be used in various worlds. In addition, this knife is also used to demonstrate various tricks. We will learn some tricks using butterfly knife.
How To Use Butterfly Knife
Below we will discuss how to use butterfly knife, that is with popular tricks and amazing. You can try it yourself but has been careful not to get hurt.
Butterfly Knife Tricks
- Flick Opening – This is the most basic trick you should master first. Your wrist should be moved around so that the sharp part of the blade can spin out. In this position, the handle of the blade and the back of the blade are behind your hand. By stamping your wrists the knife becomes open.
- Flick Closing – This trick is the opposite of Flick Opening. When the blade position opens, pull the handle of the blade towards the palm of the hand. Keep your palms open so that both blades and grips can return to their original or sealed position. Watch your fingers, making sure they are in a safe position.
- Pinwheel – Pinwheel is one of the favorite tricks of butterfly knife users. In the initial position, the blade is held horizontally and the pin of the blade points in the direction of the thumb. Hold tightly and drop the knife handle. Then turn the handle of the knife while sliding the handle so that the handle of the knife is facing up. Then automatically the handle will return to its original position.
- Aerial Tricks – Popular Aerial Tricks are Y2K tricks. But you must have a very good nerve to try this trick. You have to be confident and sure you can do this trick properly and safely. Practice first with a fake knife so you do not get injured or wounded when trying to do this trick.
Actually, there are still many butterfly knife tricks you can do, but all of them require high capabilities. You must practice diligently. You must keep your own safety. You can practice with a trainer who already champions or can also use a protector so as not to get hurt.
Butterfly Knife Practice Tips
Let me tell you some tips on playing butterfly knife you should know:
- Practice in a safe and spacious place. This is to reduce the risk if the butterfly knife dropped or thrown either intentionally or not. Looks like the 2×2 meter wide area is enough.
- Practice starting from the easiest tricks then periodically up to the more difficult stages. This is so you get a feel in this butterfly knife play. Do not ever try a trick that is hard because it will be dangerous for yourself.
- For beginners, it is better to close the sharp side of the knife with insulation to reduce your chances of getting hurt.
- If you have started, open the isolation. Now you can practice tricks without isolation.
- You can try Aerial Tricks when you are used to doing other tricks and already experts. The security in doing this trick is the main one.
- When doing the trick that is most difficult you will be more injured, so prepare medicines to cover your wounds.
- Always repeat the trick you mastered running at least smoothly for 3 times.
- Practice slowly, success is your own.
- Remember that trick is hard to master after you master the trick easier first.